A great mix between cookie and brownie.. perfect for christmas 🙂 Made these cookies this afternoon. They are so, so good! Just the perfect amount of flavor. We’re planning to make 200 of this recipe for a gathering to support area foster children.
Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 tbsp (140g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (112g) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar, plus 3 tbsp for rolling
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (163g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (57g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 26–28 Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugars (minus the 3 tablespoons of sugar for rolling) together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated and thick.
6. Roll one tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. (NOTE: If you make larger balls of cookie dough, the cookies will spread more.)
7. Put the 3 additional tablespoons of sugar into a small bowl and roll each ball of cookie dough in it, coating the ball fully, then place the cookie dough balls on the lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake the cookies for 6-7 minutes.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven and press an unwrapped hershey kiss into the top center of each cookie. Allow cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes, the remove to cooling rack to cool completely.