This was a huge hit at Thanksgiving dinner!! 😀 Worth the wait!!! This is so delicious! It was awesome-and easy to make. Best of all-no cracks! 🙂 The gingerbread crust is the perfect match to this light and decadent pumpking cheesecake.. Do not leave the pecans out of the crust, toasted or not, they make it so much better.
Delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 32 gingersnap cookies, coarsely crushed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Pecan brittle, optional
Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil; securely wrap foil around pan. Place pecans in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Add the gingersnaps, brown sugar and butter; cover and pulse until blended. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of prepared pan; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, cream, syrup, vanilla and spices. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Garnish with whipped cream and pecan brittle if desired.